Our 2023 Gala was on Wednesday November 8 at Wolferts Roost.
We are still welcoming gifts to our Capital Campaign – please contact us for a pledge form or donate directly online.
Raise the roof !
Show your support for the Ten Broeck Mansion | Albany County Historical Association as we raise funds to “Raise the Roof” for our new Education Center. Join us for the Premier Gala of our organization’s history as we celebrate 75 years of the Ten Broeck Mansion being open to share the rich & diverse history and culture of Albany County.
Our goal is to complete the fundraising for our new Education Center, built on the site and in the form of the former 18-19th c. historic carriage barn and greenhouse. This space will allow us to serve the many children, family, seniors, and visitors from around the world who visit. Your support ensures we can welcome and educate our growing numbers of visitors and local families.
Van Rensselaer Sponsors:
- Tony & Mary Brankman
- Worth Gretter & Carol Bullard
- Chet & Karen Opalka
- Douglas W. Olcott, Ph.D.
Ten Broeck Builders:
- Keith Lee & James Gaughan
- Linda Weiss & John Breeze
- Keith Bennett
- Michael Heinel
- Dr. Carol Anne Germain
- Paula Hennessy & Mark Newbold
- Ed Swyer
- Walter R. Wheeler & Paul Selzam
- Marty & Dena Bannan
- Rebecca Meli Curtin & John Curtin
- Mary DeWitt
- The Honorable Patrica Fahy
- Carol & Karl Felsen
- Paula Hemmings
- Dr. Sybillyn Jennings
- Eric Johnson
- Timothy & Kathryn Kosto
- Nancy & Jim Liotta
- Mr. & Mrs. Daniel Mackay
- The Hon. Dr. Carolyn McLaughlin
- Carl Morrone
- Ken Mortensen & Aydin Tabrizi
- Michael & Diana O’Brien
- Donna Passaretti
- Nancy Pierson & Gary Gold
- Marie Sarchiapone
- The Honorable Paul D. Tonko
- Michele Vennard
Thaler, Reilly, Wilson Architecture & Preservation, LLC – Roof Raiser Level
Albany Distilling Co. – King Level
Red Maple Land Services, LLC – King Level
Security Plumbing & Heating Supply – King Level
Krakat Guitar – Historian Level
We are excited to offer you a special dinner experience with Taste of NY wine, fruit, and cheese pairings, plus tastings by the Albany Distilling Co., included in your ticket. Join us at Wolferts Roost for an elegant gathering. Plus enjoy the silent auction featuring an antique diamond brooch and more!
Please know the difference you make and how much your generous support is appreciated.
Let’s raise the roof – together! Thank you.
- Reserve your tickets by October 30.
- Be sure to select your entrée selection:
- NY Strip Steak (Gluten Free)
- Chicken Reggiano – Parmesan Breaded Chicken Breast Topped with Plum Tomatoes & Lemon-Basil Butter
- Vegetable Napoleon (Vegetarian) – Layered Vegetables: Red Roasted Peppers, Yellow Squash, and Portobello Mushroom, Drizzled with a Balsamic Glaze
- Dinner includes crudité display with crackers and dips. Salad with balsamic dressing. Choice of deluxe dessert (Pumpkin Cheesecake or Apple Dumpling with whipped cream). Wine, spirits, fruit, and cheese tasting included. All other drinks – cash bar.
November 8 Event Information and Schedule:
- Held at Wolferts Roost (120 Van Rensselaer Boulevard, Albany NY). Click here for directions.
- 5:30-6:30 Taste of New York Wine, Spirits, Cheese & Fruit Tastings (as supplies last) – talks by professional sommelier and cheesemonger.
- 5:30-7:00 Cocktail Hour
- 7:00-9:00 dinner and program: behind-the-scenes work at the Ten Broeck Mansion, archives processing, new exhibits, and honorees award presentation.
- 2023 Honorees:
- Albany Rural Cemetery for their research and leadership in preserving Albany’s past.
- Jay Harold Jakovic for his service as a Trustee and support of the ACHA.
- Lavada Nahon for her work interpreting and illuminating the lives of African Americans in the historic Hudson Valley and founding the NorSC.
- Ten Broeck Triangle Preservation League for their dedication in making a beautiful historic neighborhood a true community.
- Tickets may be reserved online.
- If you wish to make a donation or order gala tickets without the website surcharge, please mail checks made out to the ACHA to ACHA, 9 Ten Broeck Place, Albany NY 12210. Include your name, email, and phone. Due October 30.
- Gala tickets are partially tax-deductible. Please subtract $55 from your total donation, e.g. $125 – $55 (cost of meal) = $70 tax deductible donation.
- Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518-436-9826.
- Check out our video to view last year’s Gala.