Living History Community Days: free family garden, health, & art-making programs 10:30-11:30. Explore our gardens, museum collections, and many cultures with the theme “Our Big, Big World.” All programs include a free Ten Broeck Mansion children’s tour to learn about special art and artifacts in
- Living History Family Art & Garden Series: Saturdays 10:30-11:30 am. Free.
- May 21 – opening event
- June 18 – plants of Africa – art project: papyrus leaf printing
- July 2 – plants of Asia – art project: tea box treasure chest & tea tasting
- July 16 – plants of South America – art project: 3 sisters rock painting & heirloom seeds
- July 30 – plants of “Down Under”/Oceania – art project: Wardian case (fairy garden) & pineapple ornament
- August 13 – plants of North America – art project: sunflower surprise
Juneteenth Celebration Weekend June 18-19:
- free admission to the Ten Broeck Mansion June 18-19
- free Living History Family Programs June 18 – children’s discovery tours of African plants featured in our gardens; art making project: botanicals inspired by African printmaking
- free Family History Scanning Day: June 18, with free research techniques consultation with ACHA staff who specialize in African American family research in the Hudson Valley
- county-wide historic site tours: special theme: Freedom in Albany
- Holiday House – Dec 3-18 (Saturdays/Sundays) – free children’s art programs, story hour & more – registration coming soon
These programs are made possible in part with support from the New York State Council on the Arts, Stewarts Foundation, Bank of Greene County Charitable Foundation and the support of members of the ACHA like you. Thank you.