The following information will help you enjoy your visit to the Ten Broeck Mansion:
We recommend you allow 1 hour for your tour and 15-30 minutes to tour our Gardens. Self-guided garden tours available via our Garden Kiosk. Walking shoes recommended for historic and uneven surfaces.
- Gardens: our four acre site is open free to the community from dawn until dusk. We practice a “leave no trace” approach. Please follow our garden guidelines.
- Mansion Tours: tour schedule here.
- Special Events and Programs: events and program schedule
- Museum Shop: information and schedule
ADA Accessibility: parking for individuals with handicapped tags is next to the Ten Broeck Mansion (off Ten Broeck Place). Our grounds have some accessibility – please contact us for more information.
Restrooms: a restroom is available in the Ten Broeck Mansion for tour ticket holders and Museum Shop visitors. Our restroom is not ADA accessible at this time due to being in a historic building.
- By Car: free parking lot off Livingston Avenue – directions here
- ADA Parking: parking for handicapped permit only in circular drive by Ten Broeck Mansion (access via Ten Broeck Place).
- Train: Amtrak Albany-Rensselaer Station
- Bus: CDTA routes 804
- On foot: sidewalks allow walking access from attractions in Albany’s downtown, with gradual uphill climbs in some areas.
- Bicycle: we are readily accessible by bicycle. Bicycles may be secured to the fence in our parking lot.
Food: many area restaurants are within a short walking or driving distance of the Ten Broeck Mansion.
Lodging: more information on Albany hotels.
To ensure a safe experience for all, visitors will follow safe social distancing, mask-wearing, and other required health practices. Sanitation stations available.