The following information will help you enjoy your visit to the Ten Broeck Mansion:
We recommend you allow 1 hour for your tour and 15-30 minutes to tour our Gardens. Self-guided garden tours available via our Garden Kiosk. Walking shoes recommended for historic and uneven surfaces.
- Gardens: our four-acre site is private property maintained by the Albany County Historical Association. Our gardens are open free as our gift to our community. To ensure a welcoming experience for all, please follow our garden guidelines. We are open free to the community from during garden open hours (7 am – 6 pm April – October; 8 am – 4 pm November – March). We practice a “leave no trace” approach.
- Mansion Tours: tour schedule here.
- Special Events and Programs: events and program schedule
- Museum Shop: information and schedule
ADA Accessibility: parking for individuals with handicapped tags is next to the Ten Broeck Mansion (off Ten Broeck Place). Our grounds have some accessibility – please contact us for more information.
Restrooms: a restroom is available in the Ten Broeck Mansion for tour ticket holders and Museum Shop visitors. Our restroom is not ADA accessible at this time due to being in a historic building.
- By Car: free parking lot off Livingston Avenue – map and directions here
- ADA Parking: parking for handicapped permit only in circular drive by Ten Broeck Mansion (access via Ten Broeck Place).
- Train: Amtrak Albany-Rensselaer Station
- Bus: CDTA route 804
- On foot: sidewalks allow walking access from attractions in Albany’s downtown, with gradual uphill climbs in some areas.
- Bicycle: we are readily accessible by bicycle. Bicycles may be secured to the fence in our parking lot.
Food: many area restaurants are within a short walking or driving distance of the Ten Broeck Mansion.
Lodging: more information on Albany hotels.
Service Animals: are welcome.
All other animals: Pets are not permitted in the Ten Broeck Mansion. Please see our Garden Guidelines for our policies for non-service animals.
Classes, photography, filming, and use of the grounds: please see our garden guidelines.
To ensure a safe experience for all, visitors will follow safe social distancing, mask-wearing, and other required health practices as posted at our entrance. Sanitation stations available. Visitors who do not follow these regulations will be asked to leave.