Call for Art: Portraits, Memory & Identity
Call for art: contemporary visual artists are invited to submit up to 3 works for the exhibit “Portraits: Memory & Identity.” Any exploration of this subject is welcome in any media. Artists must be age 18 or older, and reside within a 100 mile radius of Albany NY. Accepted work must be dropped off.
Juror: Julie Lohnes, Director & Curator of Art Collections & Exhibitions, Union College. Lohnes is a contemporary artist and holds a MFA from the School of the Museum of Fine Arts (Boston MA), in addition to work with historical and archival collections. She previously served as the Director of A.I.R. Gallery (Brooklyn NY).
Submission Due date: April 9, 2020
Notification of acceptance: April 20, 2020
Drop off date/time: Thursday May 7 (10 am-2 pm) or Saturday May 9 (1-4 pm)
Reception: Friday June 12, 4:30-7 pm – all food & beverages provided by the ACHA
Pick Up date/time: Saturday Aug 22 (4-5 pm) or Thursday Aug 27 (10 am-2 pm)
Gallery Hours: Fridays 1-4 pm, Saturdays 1-4 pm. Special tours by appointment Mon-Fri 9 am – 5 pm. Artists are encouraged to volunteer for gallery hours but this is not required.
1) click here to register via Eventbrite
2) Submit up to 3 works: Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: Juried Show 2020
- a) up to 3 images as attachments (no larger than 1800 pixels on largest side), no larger than 3 MG per image, please. JPGs only.
- b) identify each image with LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_1.jpg (e.g. SMITH_MARY_1.jpg)
- c) in body of email, list image #, title, medium, and size (h” x w” x d”). Please note any special requirements for mounting.
- d) In body of email, include up to 100 words explaining how the submitted work(s) address the theme of “Portraits: Memory & Identity.”
- e) Please note artwork subject to gallery size (8′ high ceiling). All artwork must be stable. 2D work must be wired for hanging. Most 3D work will require artist to provide neutral-toned pedestal unless work rests on floor.
For more information, please contact us for the exhibit agreement.