Our gardens are open free to the community from late March – early November from dawn until dusk.
Free educational materials, self-guided tours, and children’s educational kits and activities are available free via our Garden Kiosk.
Architecture & Garden Tours – start May 8. Please sign up in advance.
Our gardens are cared for by the volunteer efforts of the Cornell Cooperative Extension Master Gardener program and the Friends of the Ten Broeck Landscape.
Want to get involved? Contact us to learn about our Friends of the Ten Broeck Landscape program.
- Please pack in and pack out all that you bring with you (leave no trace).
- Dogs may be walked on leash (6 feet or less). All pet waste must be removed immediately. Please do not allow pets to use garden beds to relieve themselves.
- No smoking. No alcohol consumption. No littering.
- Our gardens are an ecosystem. Respect wildlife: do not feed squirrels or birds, please enjoy watching them as they find natural materials to eat. Please do not bother groundhogs – they are also part of our ecosystem.
- Personal sketching, painting, and photography is welcome. Please contact ACHA staff in advance if you are teaching a class, bringing a group of 3 or more, or using equipment (easels, tripods, etc.).
- Professional filming, recording, or photography is by rental permit only.
- Tour groups must secure permission in advance from ACHA staff. The ACHA reserves the right to approve and charge fees for tour groups, including garden visits.
- Please use care on our historic walkways and grounds. Be aware of occasional groundhog holes or other uneven surfaces.
- No running or rough horseplay. No walking or access to sloped areas.
- No bathing suits or sunbathing.
- No metal detectors, surface collecting, digging, or excavation on any part of ACHA property.
- Light lunches (brown-bag type) may be brought in, but no parties, buffets, hammocks, additional chairs and tables, or tents may be brought in or used.
- For 2021, garden rentals are on hold due to COVID-19 health regulations. Thank you for understanding.
These regulations are subject to being updated at any time. Please check for current regulations.