Join us at the Ten Broeck Mansion for art, history, and garden workshops inspired by the beauty and history of the Mansion’s landscape.
- Saturday September 9 from 10:30 – 11:30 am: 4th Annual Jamming in Arbor Hill Festival. The free program harvests Concord grapes from the Ten Broeck Mansion’s own grape arbor and participants learn how to make grape jelly, with free taste testing. Free recipes and consultations on making jams and jellies for adults available.
- Saturday September 9 from 12:30-2:30 pm: art workshop “Seeing the Fall Garden” with artist Sara Pruiksma. Workshop is $10, and ACHA members are $5.
- Saturday September 16 from 12-1:30 pm: “Pressed Flower Workshop.” Participants will learn how to select flowers from the Ten Broeck gardens and preserve them in the tradition of 19th century herbariums. Workshop includes a historical tour of the Ten Broeck Mansion gardens. Workshop is $10, and ACHA members are $5.
- Friday September 22 from 10:30-12:30 pm: Albany artist Shirley Clarke will present a Portraiture Workshop for participants of all skill levels. Workshop is $10, and ACHA members are $5.
Saturday September 30 from 10:30-11:30 am: Tulip Planting Day. Families are invited to learn about the history of tulips and plant bulbs in the Ten Broeck Mansion gardens. Free take-home tulip kits. Free family program.
Saturday October 14: Author Event: “The Orphan Trains” & Children in 19th c. Albany & America. Book-signing and reception, 4-5 pm. Author talk 5-6 pm. Reception free. ACHA members free, adults $5 for author talk.
- Saturday October 21 from 10:30-11:30 am: 4th Annual Fall Scavenger Hunt at the Ten Broeck Mansion. Learn about trees and how they prepare for winter. Free school supply and book give-away. Books courtesy of the RED Bookshelf. Free family program.
Saturday October 21 from 12-1:30 pm: “Autumn Blues: Cyanotype Workshop.” Participants will learn about the history of this early photographic process and make their own cyanotypes and garden journals. Workshop includes a historical tour of the Ten Broeck Mansion gardens. Workshop is $10, and ACHA members are $5.