Saturday October 8: Free County-Wide History Exploration Program
“Choose your own adventure.” Visit historic sites throughout Albany County from 1-4 pm exploring:
- Road to Revolution
- Gilded Age
- History & Landscapes
- Labor & Workers
At the Ten Broeck Mansion, join us for:
- Free walk-through tours
- Free kids’ art & exploration activities
- Free Family history digitization program. Q&A with museum professionals and researchers from the Dutch Settlers Society of Albany and Rapp Road Historical Association
- Pose with a historic Packard automobile
- Costumed historic interpreters & more.
Free Historical Presentations at King’s Place (Ten Broeck Mansion campus): African American Family History in Albany County
- 1 pm – Paul Stewart, Underground Railroad Education Center
- 2 pm – Kathryn Kosto, ACHA, “Hannah’s Family: African American Identity in Albany County”
- 3 pm – Stephanie Woodward, Rapp Road Historical Association
The following historic sites are presenting free programs at this time. Register for the tour to be sent your exclusive Albany County History Discovery Map to plan your day.
- Albany Rural Cemetery, Menands NY
- Schuyler Flatts – Historical Society of the Town of Colonie, Colonie NY
- Saddlemire Homestead – Knox Historical Society Museum, Knox NY
- Cedar Hill Schoolhouse – Town of Bethlehem Historical Association, Bethlehem NY
- Historic Gristmill – Rensselaerville Historical Society, Rensselaerville NY
Program made possible with support from the New York State Council on the Arts, Humanities NY, and members of the ACHA like you. Thank you. Join as a member today.